Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Sunday 23 June 2013

Music at the Gare de Lyon, Paris

On my connecting train ride (on the TGV) to Besançon from Paris CDG, I stopped by the Gare de Lyon. While waiting in the Hall 2 for my train, I noticed that there is a piano on the waiting hall and members of the public are invited to play it, a challenge which was taken up by a train passenger (picture below). This is a nice geste and I wonder if it is part of the Fête de la Musique's programme (every year on the 21st June, France celebrates la Fête de la Musique).

 The dome of the Gare de Lyon, an esthetique that can be retraced back to 19th century even in Renoir and Monet's  impressionist paintings.

The musical passenger of the TGV...the blue sign on the piano reads "A vous de jouer" meaning up to you to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment