Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Gibbon at Lata Jarum

I went butterfly watching at Lata Jarum today and guess what? Luckless. The place seems pretty sterile despite the good season for butterfly watching thanks to over development and dirty local tourists that like to pollute everything in their path. The saving grace for the whole trip was the presence of a gibbon silently on the canopy of a tall fruiting tree just not far from the parking. I first heard gibbon cries from afar and thought nothing of one closeby but as I was walking towards the cascades, I somehow took a look at the tall trees behind me and noticed the branches moving, signalling something huge. I waited and extended my 300mm lenses and was able to snap a few photo of it going quietly about its business enjoying  the fruits.








No comments:

Post a Comment