Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Tuesday 10 May 2011

One Summer in Barcelona

I have these pictures long time in my computer and I always deferred posting them because I wasn't ready to talk about them but here they are, my one day visit to Barcelona back in 2006...



The fish-shaped dome of a building at the Olympic Complex


from inside the walkway...


tourists sunning themselves at the beach under the intense summer heat...


another view of the dome structure...


a nice circular building holding the medical facilities if memory serves me correctly...


View of a balcony in the old Barcelona. We walked through dark corridors like maze in the old city and came through here...

The Caixa Catalunya...Catalan Bank. The draft outside the street was so strong it blew off my panama and had me running down the street after it (I must have looked silly)...


still in the old inner city...


royal plaza I suppose (look at the next picture)...




the museum at the plaza...


roof of the intriguing Sagradia Familia, Gaudi's masterpiece still in construction...


from the bottom


a phallic-like building not far from the Sagradia Familia


nice looking apartments




the bull fighting ring


entrance to a metro station


outside the ring


a Miro-like sculpture at the park of the Olympic Complex


at the marina, towards the end of the day

people were still at the beach


sunset over the marina

No comments:

Post a Comment