Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Thursday 28 April 2011

at the Minimes at La Rochelle

Looking back at my first year in a faraway land (France) made me realised how difficult it could be...I was still struggling with the language, culture and climate most of the time and I didn't have that many friends as I would have loved to. The sense of isolation transcended to many things and among them are the many landscape photos that I have taken back then, in Spring 2004:


A quiet morning, almost static on the beach at the minimes at La Rochelle


abandonned avenue with catkins sprouting from bare branches


calm at the marina


windswept junipers along the seaside park at the Minimes


quiet beauty


the residents are still sleeping


low tide on the rocky beach


shimmering reflections of sunrise


wooden house - a rarity in France


not-so-busy roundabout


spring primroses along the abandonned road

No comments:

Post a Comment