Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Wednesday 6 April 2011

All pork menu

Two weeks back, my colleague's parents and friend came visiting and them being Breton (people from the Brittany region in France), I hesitated with the menu as they would have had some of the best pork menu (and apple products) in France. However, I got the request for pork and pork it was on the main menu...(also the fact that I wanted to use the apple compote that I made with the extra apples I had in my fridge).


the setting...


Alberto brought the best of Spanish Serrano ham and I answered with seared fresh fig and ripe rock melon, a classic accompaniment for ham...


Large chunks of pork belly stewed with white wine, apple compote and fresh baby carrots. The dish was flavoured with a tinge of juniper berries and bay leaves, served with a generous portion of gratin dauphinois.


Fresh salad with a tinge of truffle oil.


The happy faces - attestation to the success of the menu. Merci.


Chocolate cake with orange liqueur sauce to finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment