Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Monday 19 April 2021

Dining at Han Room

 Well the Covid situation wasn't going anywhere and going out these days is a real challenge - the amount of hesitations and risks to calculate if it was worth it at all. Any which ways, it must have been like a year ago since I actually ate something decent from a restaurant and so my friend, so happen to be in town, decided to give it a go, with social distancing et al....

We initially wanted to have the hokkien mee but after a few doubts, Paul decided to go for the set menu at RM158 per pax (min 2 pax). The bill came up to RM370+ for 2. Pretty steep if you ask me. 


I don't want to sound like a picky eater but here's my 2 cents for the chef...

Pan-fried tuna - nice. A bit more sauce would be appreciated.

I always like superior soupe. They should just get rid of the dried-up meat inside since the double boiling already removed their essence anyhow.

The abalone was nice and soft and I liked the thick sauce.

Iberico pork was nicely done but the accompanying salad would have been better with some Granny Smith apples to give it the thang and zinger, albeit with a more sourish fruity sauce. Pork and apples are good friends. The salad didn't do justice to the main. Somehow something is flat.

Teochew-styled steam rice with Mui Choi. Too spicy for me. The spiciness masked the quality of the stew.

simple no-frills desert. ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment