Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Saturday 7 July 2012

The Bouchons Lyonnais - traditional restaurants of Lyon

This is my first visit to the city of Lyon and as we descended from the basilic towards the old city of Lyon, the first thing that I noticed was rows and rows of restaurants in all directions. This is a very strong indication of the restaurant habits of this city. One of the most noticable point is that most restaurants here display a very stylish bouquet of fresh flowers at the entrance - something I have yet to see elsewhere. I noticed that every restaurant in this neighbourhood also uses the word "bouchon" - I thought it was a favourite local dish, not knowing that it meant restaurant until I read about it at FNAC...

a quaint one called the little gluton...

 the statue of the bull gave name to the bistro on its corner...

restaurants everywhere...


 just love the touch with the fresh bouquet...

 I randomly chose a restaurant called "Le Vieux Lyon". A 3 entree menu costs only 17 euro - very competative. I chose the classic Salade lyonnaise, mesclun served with fried bacon and poached egg. Simple and nice.

The main course was an entrecote of beef served with potato gratin, legumes du jour and green peppercorn sauce. Forgot to snap a photo of the chocolate tart...water is free.

the restaurant...

No comments:

Post a Comment