Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Sunday 17 July 2011

Fraser's Hills


Last week, I took a leisure drive to Fraser's Hills just to give another go at birdwatching but this time, I wasn't that lucky because the dry forest plus the lingering haze didn't exactly worked out well. However, as I was to descend (the way down near the Glenn was closed due to fallen trees), I took a few moments to ponder around the tall trees fringing the exit/entry point...I was iniatially distracted by a Dusky Leaf monkey trying to eat the young fronds of a giant tree fern, not realizing something even more exciting was lurking at the canopy behind. As the Dusky Leaf monkey descended, I thought it had a companion, only to be pleasantly surprised when the accompanying 'monkey' turned out to be a solitary Siamang! It was very quiet and was perousing the canopy-reason why I had not spotted it earlier...

 A Bulbul in the bushes

 compact flowers in an abandonned golf course at Jeriau

 a brown butterfly among dead leaves

 a nymphalid came out to play

 A Siamang! This is not an easy animal to see but its cries can be heard miles away

 the Dusky Leaf Monkey

 plucking a huge tree fern frond

 butterfly at Jeriau

 butterflies congregation at Jeriau

a Laughingthrush

No comments:

Post a Comment