Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Saturday 11 December 2010

Butterflies of Bukit Telaga

Nature has always been one of the main things in my life as an adolescent and I actually wanted to be a naturalist. Well, destiny would have it that I become a teacher but the urge is still strong and I have to recharge myself every now and then in nature...

Despite the continuous rain for days, I was surprised that the waters in Bukit Telaga was still crystal clear back on 2 December 2010. I was passing by on a leisure drive and I took the opportunity to snap a few photos...


Chersonesia rahria rahria, a tiny but active butterfly commonly found in hills.


Neorina lowii, the Malayan Owl sunning itself on a sun-speckled bush near a large boulder by the river. This rather large nymphalid (used to be grouped as a satyrid) is a common butterfly at Bukit Telaga and there seem to exist favourite spots here for the butterfly.


Clear water even during the rainy season...

No comments:

Post a Comment