Betau Valley

Betau Valley

Monday 5 October 2009

Monet at Musée d'Orsay

One rainy Summer morning in 2006, I decided to finally meet up with the masters who inspired my artistic endeavors: Monet, Cezanne, Renoir, Van Gogh, Sisley...their vision of the play of light inspired me to paint in my early youth and meeting up with the real thing was a very exciting highlight of my sejour in France.

To actually see SO many master pieces in one single location seemed almost surrealistic and illogical but the musee is all these...an abandonned train station, it was successfully converted into a gallery that houses paintings from the 19th century of which impressionisme was a large part of the history...




THE painting that gave rise to the word 'impressionism'



Waterlilies from his garden in Giverny



Permutations of light on the Cathedral of Rouen:





A sunny landscape, my kind of joie de vivre



Another take (the more popular one) on his waterlily garden at Giverny


A park. Eventhough this is a painting dated from the 19th century, parks in France still retain their charms like yesteryear...just like in the paintings.



A steam train passing a bridge. Avant-gardists in their time, the arrival of technology was not seen as an illness but rather to be celebrated.



A snowscape.


Bridge at Argenteuil, one of my favourite paintings chez Monet.

No comments:

Post a Comment